This event is envisaged as part of a series of digital initiatives across the world to battle academic isolation and to facilitate and support community building and osmosis in DH research and education.
“DH in the Time of Virus” is a largely experimental endeavour, inspired by the Public Archaeology Twitter Conference held entirely on Twitter in 2019, but we saw fit to adopt and expand it as an idea, and to focus on the subject of Digital Humanities in the time of a highly contagious, potentially life-threatening virus.
To this end, the topics of the Twitter Conference are the following:
- Distance education / e-Education
- Remote research / e-Research
- Defeating isolation: digital tools, methods and platforms
- Digital History / Philology / Archaeology of Disease and Epidemic
- Medical / Health Digital Humanities.
Related topics are also welcome.
The Twitter Conference 15-minute / 20-tweet presentations will be by invitation, but wide participation and contribution is expected by following the hashtag #DHgoesVIRAL.